The most important thing for people taking Fioricet pills needs to remember is not to take the drug without a prescription. After that, the next essential step is to follow the directions provided in the prescription label. People often get conceptualized about the fact that taking a drug from the drug store is all that matters. However, they may not know that using a highly effective medication needs proper supervision of a health advisor.
All of the components added together to form Fioricet can sometimes harm your system on an individual level. For example, Butalbital’s physical quality can make a person habitual to the use of the medication. Therefore, here we have listed the mandatory steps that will help in taking Fioricet drug safely –
- You need to follow the directions prescribed by your doctor. Also, read the label of the drug before you pop-up the pill.
- You can take a pill of Fioricet along with water or milk. You may also take it after having your food if it upsets your stomach. Ask your doctor if you want to take Fioricet with some juice or other beverages.
- Do not exceed the dosage amount of Fioricet. You must take the exact dose that is written in the prescription form.
- Do not overdose on the tablets of Fioricet as it can be extremely harmful to your internal organs. It can severely damage your liver and may even result in sudden death.
- If the recommended has stopped working and is no more giving relief from the pain, you should immediately talk to your doctor rather than continue with the same drug.
- Do not share your dose of Fioricet with any person who has a history of drug abuse. Even if that person has symptoms like yours, tell them to get a prescription of the medication and then start with the dosage.
- Store the drug in a place that is far from the reach of any drug abuser and kids. You may not know, but a single dose can make a person feel dizzy if he/she is taking it recreationally.
- Keep track of how many days it takes to overcome the issue of tension headaches with the help of Fioricet. If you start feeling comfortable in a couple of days, you can ask your expert to gradually decrease the drug’s dosage.
- It is important for you to know that sudden withdrawal from Fioricet’s regular use can cause health issues. There may arise symptoms that can be harmful and also doesn’t go without treatment.
What happens when I overdose on the use of Fioricet?
When a person has missed a dose of Fioricet, it is better to wait for the next dosage until it’s time. It is because if you take the dose as soon as you remember, without notice, it will be again time for the next plan dose of the medication. However, there have been reports that say people who overdose on Fioricet’s pills are rather taking it to get “high” or when the dosage is not effective enough to suppress the feeling of pain. There can be several alternating effects that can occur after the overdose or misuse of Fioricet drug. The first signs of Fioricet overdose may include –
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Pain in the upper stomach
- Dark color urine
- Insomnia or unable to sleep
- Shallow breathing
- Uneven heartbeats
Although these signs may or may not occur in every person’s routine, they will certainly show-up within a few days. In some cases, people do not even notice that they are getting quite used to the drug. Later, when any such symptom takes place in their body, then they inform the health expert. In the recent reports, it was also found out that a person misusing the drug of Fioricet can also develop the symptoms of addiction. As a result, it will become more dangerous to their health as such addition cannot be withdrawn in a short time.